Friday, March 29, 2013

Foodie Friday - Han Yu Pin Yin Sandwich?

Alright. I have to admit that I am having F.U.N creating all these open face sandwich for Dumpling's morning bento. To me the slices are not unlike a blank canvas where I can create where my inspiration takes me each morning.

There are days that I use jam to include some colours but I do love using seaweed, cheese and ham to create "scenes"! To make it fun for both Dumpling and I, I have recently gone into adding Han Yu Pin Yin to her open face sandwich! I have purposely left out the "accent" mark/stroke on the "vowels" as this is a game Dumpling and I are doing to increase her sensitivity to the different intonation and she has to tell me what tonation it is for each word. :) How's that for edible learning? :p

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Hope Dumpling manage to grasp HYPY tone soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenn, yup, she is able to grasp it and we get to revise in a fun way! :D

      Delete
  2. oh that's how I teach my daughter her ABCs too! effective! But it's tiring at times when I hv to rush off for work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janice, you have the cutters? Technically when I do these, it takes me about 10 mins which is manageable. :) Glad to know your kid learnt her ABCs well via this too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected